Power outages caused by heavy snow falls are not uncommon, unfortunately, and if you want to be the least affected by them, then having an off-the-grid set of mind will surely be in your advantage.
1. Powering Your Survival Homestead
“A perennial problem faced by suburban and rural dwellers is obtaining water in the absence of utility provided electric power. Standby generators require fuel of some type, which will eventually run out, and deep drilled wells are poorly suited for use with hand pumps of most types.
As a prepper this has always been a concern for me as I live in a rural setting, but in a house constructed with the modern “central-everything” design concepts. I do have a gasoline powered generator, and maintain supplies enough for a few weeks of continuous running. After that it’s carrying buckets to the stream.”
Read more on The Prepper Journal.
2. Dropping Out Of Society: How To Prepare For A Solo Life Off-Grid
“Many of us dream or desire to live off-grid by ourselves, enjoying a peaceful life of solitude. But it’s easy to underestimate the difficulty of this.
Living off the grid is hard enough if you have family and other homesteaders around you. Going it alone is even more challenging. Here are some things to think about before deciding to live alone on your off-grid homestead.”
Read more on Off The Grid News.
3. Easy DIY Rocket Stove You Can Build Yourself
“There are all kinds of fancy rocket stove projects and gadgets out there that cost a lot of money. This one will only cost you about $15 bucks.”
This article has been written by Brenda E. Walsh for Survivopedia.
- Prep Blog Review: Are You Ready For September? - August 27, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: Getting Back To DIY Projects - August 20, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: Surviving Zika – Myths And Reality - August 13, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: Knives, Guns and Camouflage - August 6, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: 32+ Ultimate Survival Allies - July 30, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: 2016 Survival Assessment (So Far) - July 23, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: 5+ SHTF Facts - July 16, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: The No.1 Priority in Surviving - July 9, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: 4th of July Special – American Ways - July 2, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: UK Left The EU. Now What? - June 25, 2016