Curing a stomach ache can be tricky because of the unknown reasons causing the stomach ache.
A stomach ache is rooted in a wide range of reasons varying from menstrual cramps, indigestion, gastritis, to irregular bowel movement, gallbladder pain and more. Some of the major causes of abdominal cramps include:
- Acid reflux
- Infrequent bowels
- Gastric ulcers
- Stomach upset
- Menstrual pain
- Food poisoning and etc.
Elucidated below are a few natural home remedies for tummy troubles. Follow through with any one of the cures described below for quick and effective alleviation of a stomach ache.
Drink Freshly Brewed Aniseed Tea for Curing the Stomach Ache
Aniseed tea is highly effective in curing stomach aches and cramps. It is also effectual for the cure of stomach ache caused by indigestion, flatulence and bloating. It helps to stimulate a healthy appetite and its diuretic nature flushes out the blocked urine and relives the stomach cramp. Brew a nice warm cup of aniseed tea.
- Add less than half a teaspoon of aniseed powder to a cup of boiling water
- Strain out the drink after five minutes
- Drink it with slow sips to remedy the stomach pain
- Drink this twice a day for the stomach pain to heal quickly
Yoga as an Effective Remedy for Stomach Cramps
Yoga is highly effective for the cure of tummy aches but that does not imply highly active and powerful yoga. Practicing a few floor based yoga postures for about 10-20 minutes can effectively cure stomach cramps. Enlisted below are a few poses that you can practice whether you are at home or outside to get instant relief from stomach aches.
- Child’s Pose: This pose reduces muscular stress in the abdomen and brings comfort. It gently stretches the body and compresses the abdomen to release discomfort and get rid of flatulence.
- Apasana pose: This pose is highly effective for curing bloating and flatulence. Bring your knees towards your chest and wrap them tight with your arms. Breathe steadily and hold your pose for about half a minute. Do this for about 2-3 minutes to cure your tummy troubles.
- Bridge pose: This pose is highly effective in the cure of indigestion and bloating. It also helps to enhance blood circulation and boosts physical energy. Lie on your back, bend your knees and keep them slightly apart with your feet firmly planted to the ground. Lift your torso and hold the pose for about 15-20 seconds with steady breathing. Do this for about 30-34 minutes until the ache disappears.
Find out our Firefather’s Time-Tested Natural Cures and Household Remedies
Fresh Fruit Juice for Tummy Troubles
Fresh and cool fruit juice is highly nutritious and aids in improving digestion, flushing out of toxins, soothing the intestinal lining, curing heartburn and cleansing the intestines by regularizing bowel movement. Here are a few fruit juices that can effectively alleviate stomach ache and get rid of tummy troubles. All that you have to do to prepare the juices is chop the fruits and vegetables, add water and blend well until the juice is ready. Do not add any sugar to the juice.
- Cucumber, apple and lettuce juice
- Aloe Vera, orange and spinach juice
- Papaya and broccoli juice
- Celery and red grapes juice
- Celery, pear and ginger juice
- Pineapple and mint juice
- Orange and lettuce juice
- Cucumber, Swiss Chard and pineapple juice
Fenugreek Tea for Stomach Troubles
Fenugreek tea is a potent healer of stomach troubles and cramps rooted in peptic ulcer, indigestion and food poisoning. It coats the inflamed intestinal walls with mucus, and accelerates the process of healing.
- Take a bowl and add two cups of water to it
- Add a teaspoon of fenugreek seeds to the water
- Boil this mixture
- Strain out the liquid and add a teaspoon of honey to it
- Drink this twice a day to cure the cramps
Milk and Fresh Ripe Bananas for the Cure of Stomach Aches
Ripe bananas are anti-bacterial in nature and milk helps to soothe the intestinal lining that gets inflamed with excessive secretion of gastric acids. Ripe bananas and milk help to neutralize the unbalanced acidity. It is highly effective in healing abdominal cramps caused by infrequent bowels and acid reflux.
- Peel 2-3 ripe and fresh bananas and chop them into small pieces
- Dry these pieces in the sun
- Pound the dried bananas into a fine powder
- Take a tablespoon of honey and add it to two tablespoons of the powdered banana
- Take this mixture twice a day to cure the cramps in the stomach
- You can also snack on a bowl of milk mixed with mashed ripe bananas to regularize bowel movement
Have a Bowl of Fresh Yogurt
Yogurt is richly packed with probiotics that assist digestion by the alteration of microbiota in our bowels. This makes yogurt highly beneficial in treating stomach cramps. It functions through the regularization of bowel movement and curing of indigestion.
- Eat a bowl of plain yogurt sweetened with a tablespoon of honey
- Add a teaspoon of turmeric powder to the yogurt
- Eat this twice a day for the pain to heal
Have a Cup of Freshly Brewed Ginger Tea
Ginger possesses gingerol and shogaol. These biochemical compounds help in the alleviation of abdominal cramps and colic. Ginger is effective against nausea as well. Sip on a cup of warm ginger tea to cure yourself of the stomach ache.
- Crush a ginger into tiny pieces and add them to a bowl of water
- Boil this for ten to fifteen minutes
- Strain out this ginger-water mixture to a cup
- Add a tablespoon each of honey and lemon juice
Drink this ginger tea to drive away the abdominal cramps and nauseous feelings that often accompany such cramps
Flaxseeds for the Cure of Tummy Aches
Flax seeds cure stomach aches by aiding digestion and regularizing bowel movements. Follow this remedy and the stomach pain will get cured in just a day or two.
- Take half a tablespoon of ground flax seeds every morning on an empty stomach
- Increment your intake to two tablespoons gradually
Baking Soda for Curing Stomach Ache
Baking soda or sodium bicarbonate helps to relieve flatulence, bloating and acidity of the alimentary canal. This is one of the most effective natural home remedies if your stomach is aching from indigestion.
- Add a teaspoon of baking soda to a glass of lukewarm water
- Stir well until the baking soda gets completely dissolved
- Drink this up quickly to get rid of the stomach tramp
Massaging with Coconut Oil for the Effective Alleviation of Stomach Pain
- Take a few drops of coconut oil and add it to a teaspoon of cool water.
- Massage your stomach with the mixture in gentle circular motion with slight pressure.
- Masage for 5-7 minutes for instant relief from stomach aches.
Breakfast on Brown Rice and Licorice for the Natural Treatment of Stomach Problems
This concoction is a natural demulcent that heals intestinal inflammation and layers the stomach membrane with a soothing film that eases the movement of bowels and relieves you of stomach aches and pain of bloating.
- Take half a teaspoon of licorice powder and mix it with a cup of water
- Keep this aside for the night
- In the next morning add a cup of steamed brown rice to the licorice water
- Eat this and the stomach ache will diminish in a day or two
Warm Apple Cider Vinegar for the Effective Natural Cure of Abdominal Cramp
Apple cider vinegar eases indigestion and alleviates abdominal cramps and flatulence. It soothes heartburn and stomach upset as well.
- Take two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- Dissolve it in two cups of warm water
- Add a pinch of baking soda to the water and stir well for even dissolution
- You may also add a teaspoon of honey to the mixture
- Drink this immediately and the stomach ache will heal quickly
Lukewarm Turmeric Water for the Effectual Cure of Stomach Troubles
If you are suffering from stomach upset that is making your stomach ache terribly then turmeric is a highly effective remedy for you.
- Take half a teaspoon of turmeric powder
- Add it to a glass of lukewarm water
- Stir well until the powder dissolves completely
- Drink this up quickly before the powder sediments to the bottom of the glass
- Drink this twice a day to cure the condition stomach upset
Have a Cup of Freshly Prepared Rice Tea to Cure an Upset Stomach
Rice tea is highly effective for the natural treatment of frequent bowel movement, flatulence, and indigestion. If you are seeking to calm an upset stomach then prepare yourself a cup of lukewarm rice tea.
- Fill a cup to its half with rice and then add the rice to a vessel
- Add six cups of water to the vessel
- Boil the contents of the vessel for about 15-20 minutes
- Strain out the liquid after it simmers down
- Add a teaspoon of honey to the water and drink it with slow sips. Make sure that it is warm while you drink it
- Drink it twice a day for the best results
Calendula Tea for the Cure of Stomach Troubles Rooted in Irregular Menstruation
Calendula essential oil containsquercetin and flavonoids that enhance smooth blood circulation and do away with irregular menstruation. Calendula tea is one of the most effective home remedies for period cramps because of its potent analgesic nature.
- Take 2 grams of dried calendula flowers in a teaspoon
- Add it to a vessel containing 200 ml of water
- Boil the contents and let them steep
- Strain the liquid out and drink the tea twice daily for effective cure of irregular periods
Try a Cup of Lukewarm Orange Peel Tea for the Cure of Tummy Troubles
Orange peel is a traditional and highly effective home remedy for diarrhea and intestinal spasms. However, for the preparation of orange peel tea, you need fresh organic oranges. Inorganic oranges contain peels coated with dyes and pesticides which are toxic to health.
- Peel an organic orange completely
- Chop the orange peel into fine pieces
- Place the chopped peels in a vessel and cover them with water
- Boil the contents for about 20 minutes
- Take the vessel off the boil, cover it and then let it simmer down
- Strain the liquid out and add a teaspoon of honey to it
- Drink the fragrant tea twice a day for the cure of tummy troubles
Have a Cup of Freshly Brewed Caraway Tea for the Cure of Abdominal Problems
Caraway tea is highly effective in calming intestinal cramps and spasms, diarrhea and flatulence. Drink a cup of caraway tea for the effective alleviation of stomach troubles.
- Put a cup of water to boil
- Take 2 teaspoons of caraway seeds is a cup
- Pour the boiling water over the seeds until the cup gets filled
- Cover the cup with a plate and let the tea get steeped for about 15 minutes
- Strain out the liquid and discard the residual seeds
- Add a teaspoon of honey to sweeten the tea
- Drink the warm tea with slow sips to cure the tummy troubles
Fennel as a Highly Effective Cure of Stomach Problems
Fennel is an effective antispasmodic and gastrointestinal relaxant that soothes abdominal cramps, cures flatulence and treats irritable bowel syndrome. The carminative and aromatic properties of fennel can effectively cure a range of stomach problems.
- Crush a teaspoon of fennel seeds
- Add the crushed seeds to a cup and pour some boiling water over it until the cup gets filled
- Let the tea steep for about 10 minutes
- Strain out the liquid and add a teaspoon of honey
- Drink the tea with slow sips to cure the ache
Follow these natural cures for the effective treatment of stomach troubles. However, if the symptoms and troubles still persist then make sure that you consult a physician.
Stefan | July 16, 2018
Even the potato juice is very healing for the stomach
john n karlik | July 16, 2018
surprised you did not mention activated charcoal, been using this cure for any stomach and intestinal distress for decades, my go to medical kit, a.c., H2O2 and reshii
Alex | July 17, 2018
We have a special article with the uses of activated charcoal in here: http://www.survivopedia.com/top-7-activated-charcoal-uses-benefits/
Alex, from Survivopedia 🙂