If there’s one thing we like for sure, that’s a multipurpose item. It helps saving money, space and it usually means turning things you have on hand into something you need a.s.a.p. so you couldn’t ask for more, really.
This week we’ve stumbled upon some great tips on how to turn everyday items into life-savers. Don’t be shy and help us complete the list in the comments sections bellow!
1. Basil; Not Just A Sweet Tasting Herb
“Basil (Ocimum basilicum), also known as Saint Joseph’s Wort, is a herb belonging to the mint family Lamiaceae and is often used as a seasoning in cooking. Basil is native to India and other tropical areas of Asia.
Basil is used in traditional Tamil medicine and in ayurvedic medicine, which is a form of alternative traditional medicine in the Indian subcontinent and of course the herb is well known for its use in Italian cuisine – it is a major ingredient in pesto sauce.”
Read more on American Preppers Network.
2. Cell Phone Survival Hacks – The Modern Day MacGyver
“In any kind of survival situation it’s important to be able to use the supplies we have around us. Hacks like these are not meant to replace the tools we have (or should have) already, but you never know when seemingly useless information like this might come in handy.
I titled this Survival Cell Phone Hacks – The Modern Day MacGyver because we might find ourselves in a situation where we don’t have our regular supplies, or we are so far off the grid we might need to cannibalize our cell phone and MacGyver our way out of it.”
Read more on Survivalist Prepper.
3. 7 All-Natural Homemade Cleaners — Straight From The Kitchen
“Let’s face it: House cleaning doesn’t usually make the list of favorite past times. And commercial cleaners often bring a whole list of concerns with them, from irritating your skin to concern for children and pets who may come into contact with them.
But doing the weekend chores doesn’t have to mean using harsh chemicals. In fact, you probably have many natural cleaning ingredients around your home and may not even realize it.”
Read more on Off The Grid News.
4. Nature’s Top 5 Most Effective Medicines
“The goal of anyone contemplating homesteading is ultimately geared toward achieving a level of self-sufficiency. Whether that goal is realized through growing one’s own food through various gardening strategies or raising backyard poultry or cultivating a homegrown source of power, the motivation is rooted in providing for the family.
Providing for the family’s basic needs means ensuring they can eat when they are hungry, that they have safe water for when they are thirsty and power to deliver heat and light when needed.”
Read more on Us Preppers.
5. Prepper Uses for Wire Coat Hangers
“I came across this meme and it made me think what other things can you do with these wonderful wire hangers.
In my life I can remember using them for:
- To hold my first cars muffler up
- Unlock that car door after locking the keys in it
- I still use it to clean clogged drains
- TP hanger in my privy tent for camping.
- Bubble wand (still do because I love bubbles)”
Read more on Urban Prepper Chick.
This article has been written by Brenda E. Walsh on Survivopedia.
- Prep Blog Review: Are You Ready For September? - August 27, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: Getting Back To DIY Projects - August 20, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: Surviving Zika – Myths And Reality - August 13, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: Knives, Guns and Camouflage - August 6, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: 32+ Ultimate Survival Allies - July 30, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: 2016 Survival Assessment (So Far) - July 23, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: 5+ SHTF Facts - July 16, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: The No.1 Priority in Surviving - July 9, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: 4th of July Special – American Ways - July 2, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: UK Left The EU. Now What? - June 25, 2016