If many of the disaster we are prepping for are left to hazard, the economic collapse is not. In fact we already feel its effects on our day to day life and no matter how much we try to kid ourselves that maybe it won’t happen we know that it already did!
So instead of waiting for things to get worse in order to be convinced, here are 5 articles that we stumbled upon and discuss how close we are of an actual collapse and what you can do to stay on top of things.
1. The 5 Places In America You DON’T Want To Be When Society Collapses
“What would you say is the number one threat to lead to an end-of-the-world-like scenario? A terrorist attack? An EMP strike? A natural disaster? An economic collapse?
All of these are possibilities, but in each one, a thick population density will make it far worse. There’s no denying that people panic when a crisis occurs, and that panic is only multiplied when more people are living closely to one another.”
Read more on Off The Grid News.
2. On a scale of 1 to 10, how close are we to SHTF?
“Hello my friend and welcome back! I get several emails a month asking me my opinion on SHTF and this very thing (“On a scale of 1 to10, how close are we to SHTF?”) Today we are going to look at what I think and why. Grab a cup of coffee and have a seat while we visit.
While I know that many people have varying opinions on this, I think that it is important that we take a look and just how close we are and why I think that we are closer than many people realize.”
Read more on American Preppers Online.
3. Decentralizing Cash – The Ultimate Survivalist Preparation
“If the catastrophic event you’ve been preparing for does one day come about, it will be a fearsome test of your survivalism. Like any test, some will not pass. But in this case the consequences for valued loved ones might be heart-rending.
Preparation may be the answer, but whether it’s civil war, war with a foreign power, economic collapse, or social unrest, centralized money will have in one way or another been the root cause. Because whatever the event that tears apart the fabric of this country, the policies fueled by our fractional-reserve banking system-inflated fiat currency, and its petrodollar role, will certainly have taken us there.”
Read more on The Prepper Journal.
4. How To Profit From Collecting & Selling Scrap Gold
“I’ve been collecting scrap metal for as long as I can remember. As a kid, my siblings and I would pick scrap metal from trash left out on garbage days. We would find copper wire, junk auto parts, pop cans – basically anything our dad could take us to sell at the scrap yard. It was labor intensive work for kids, but we were a lower middle income family that liked making something out of nothing.
But, one day while I was walking home from school, I found a ring and took it home to show my dad. He thought it was gold and took it to get checked out. It turned out to be 14K gold and I got $20.00, a fortune for a kid in the 60’s! Even back then, I realized that was a lot of money for something so small, and I’d rather find something like that than look for aluminum or stainless steel.”
Read more on The Survival Mom.
5. Frugal Out of Necessity, Frugal Out of Choice
“When I was in college, I was frugal out of necessity. I had very little income coming in – just the money from a part-time job – so every dime that I spent was vital.
I ate a ton of ramen noodles. I went to community and campus meetings largely for the free food. I lived in a couple of tiny apartments and was effectively homeless for one short period.”
Read more on The Simple Dollar.
This article has been written by Brenda E. Walsh for Survivopedia.
2,536 total views, 2 views today
- Prep Blog Review: Are You Ready For September? - August 27, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: Getting Back To DIY Projects - August 20, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: Surviving Zika – Myths And Reality - August 13, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: Knives, Guns and Camouflage - August 6, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: 32+ Ultimate Survival Allies - July 30, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: 2016 Survival Assessment (So Far) - July 23, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: 5+ SHTF Facts - July 16, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: The No.1 Priority in Surviving - July 9, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: 4th of July Special – American Ways - July 2, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: UK Left The EU. Now What? - June 25, 2016