I just got my hands on a set of the Urban Survival Playing Cards, and I love them. This is a great idea, especially as a way of introducing survival to people who are not yet preppers. It can be used as a tool for teaching children and adults alike.
Either way, it could turn into a great Christmas gift.
Need a way of “trying the waters” with extended family and friends? Give them a pack of these playing cards or break them out the next time you get together to play poker. You’ll be able to tell by their reaction, whether they are interested. Who knows, you might even plant a seed in their minds, converting them to your point of view.
The cards contain 52 encapsulated survival tips, covering everything from water purification to OPSEC.
While not a complete survival course in itself, this pack of cards is a great starting point. The information contained within them, could save a life.
All the tips on the cards have been taken from the SurviveInPlace.com Urban Survival Course, which normally costs $47. So, this is a much more cost-effective way of getting key information into people’s hands.
With their low cost and compact size, you can fit them in any bug out bag or EDC bag, making sure that family members have this vital survival information with them.
Printed in a large, clear type, the tips on the cards are easily read by people of all ages, including elderly who may suffer from eye problems. That also makes them easy to read in low-light situations, such as you are likely to encounter in a survival situation.
The cards are standard “poker size” playing cards, laminated for protection. So, not only can they be used for teaching survival, but they can also be used as playing cards. That adds a whole other dimension to these cards, as including them in a survival kit gives people something to entertain themselves with, when caught in a survival situation.
All in all, I’d say that a deck of Urban Survival Playing Cards needs to be on everyone’s prepping list. With all the ways that they can be used, this is a good investment in your family’s survival.
This article has been written by Bill White for Survivopedia.
- The Five Best Places To Bug Out In The USA - March 23, 2017
- Cyber-warfare Has Just Moved Into The Realm Of Reality - March 15, 2017
- Like A Bad Penny - March 1, 2017
- America Through The Eyes Of Our Founding Fathers - February 20, 2017
- New To Prepping? Here’s Where To Start From - February 17, 2017
- What We Can Learn From The California Evacuation - February 16, 2017
- When The Courts Run Amok - February 15, 2017
- What We Have Till Now: Trump’s First Days In Office - February 1, 2017
- Conflicts of Interest. Is This Real? - January 18, 2017
- A New Era In Foreign Relations - January 11, 2017