Knowledge and skills make a BIG difference in a survival situation whether you’re in the city or in the wild.
The best way to survive every situation is to stay informed and learn as many skills as possible. It’s never too late to start working on your skills.
This week we’ve gathered 5 articles that will help you prepping for wilderness survival, and also surviving in the city in a disaster situation.
What skills do you find important for survival? Let us know in the comments section below.
1.Best Practices For Dealing With Wounds In A Survival Situation
“Depending upon who you talk to, a severe wound or laceration should always be sutured close. Or should it? When faced with an austere survival situation, the decision you make to close an open wound could spell the difference between proper healing and an infected mess. Personally, I vote for proper healing but getting to the correct decision when under pressure may not be easy. Help is on the way.”
Read more on Backdoor Survival.
2. Wilderness Survival Skills For Preppers
“When it comes to preparedness there is quite a bit more that goes into it than building a lean to shelter and starting a fire. Everything we do as preppers is geared for not having to revert to these primitive methods. With that being said, if we take these bushcraft (wilderness survival) skills for granted, we are leaving a big hole in our preparedness plans. Not all people that are interested in bushcraft are interested in prepping, but all preppers should be interested in Bushcraft…to some extent.”
Read more on Survivalist Prepper
3. Learn How To Build A Stealth Shelter
“One of the best ways to get away and be at one with nature is to build a stealth shelter in the forest. Not only are you putting yourself in the most isolated place possible, but you are also aiming to be invisible there. It’s super exciting, and pretty difficult to do this without a little bit a guidance. So here are a few simple tips to make your wilderness getaway one that only you will know about.”
Read more on American Preppers Network.
4. 7 Must Have Item For Wilderness Survival
“If you are going out into the wilderness, you should make sure you are going well prepared with the right items for survival. Sure, no one wants or expects to get into a life threatening situation, but in the wilderness, anything can happen at any given time. In this article, we have complied 7 must have items for wilderness survival; let’s get started!”
Read more on Dave’s Homestead.
5. Guide To Improvised Home Defense Strategies
“ReadyNutrition Guys and Gals, this article is going to explain some methods to help you better defend your property. These are some simple and inexpensive methods that are not subject to power loss from an EMP or station failure. They are simple to employ as well as remember, and they can be tailored to meet the needs of your property. ”
Read more on Ready Nutrition.
This article has been written by Drew Stratton for Survivopedia.
829 total views, 4 views today
- Prep Blog Review: 8+ Food Crops To Grow In Your Survival Garden - January 21, 2017
- Prep Blog Review: Let’s Talk About Survival Food - January 14, 2017
- Prep Blog Review: Preparing For What 2017 May Bring - January 7, 2017
- New Year Prep Blog Review: 5 Resolutions For Preppers - December 31, 2016
- Christmas Prep Blog Review: 5 Last Minute Gifts - December 24, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: How to Survive Winter In The City - December 17, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: DIY Christmas Gifts For Preppers - December 10, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: Ultimate Winter Survival Tips - December 3, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: Gardening & Farming Winter Tips - November 26, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: About Living Off-grid - November 19, 2016