No matter the progress we think we are making in our prepping, let’s not forget about priorities. We’ve covered water in our previous reviews – see this entry from last month and this one from last year.
So today I want to start a conversation about…food!
From making tasty and healthy recipes, to simply trying new things in the kitchen. I’m interested in as much good info as I can get. Something in the range of Alec Deacon’s How To Make Pemmican.
I want easy steps that I can follow, with what I have around the house or with what I can easily find at any store. Here’s what this last week offered:
1. Copycat Recipe: Olive Garden Bread Sticks
“Bread sticks…..especially Olive Garden’s garlicky, buttered bread sticks are a favorite in our house. One of my 6 yr old twins regularly asks to go to Olive Garden just so he can have the bread sticks (and a bowl of olives…ha). And bread sticks pair so well with so many dishes: Italian foods, chili, soup. I’ve been buying some at the grocery store that we’ve been eating lately, but they just didn’t cut it. I wanted something better….healthier, less processed, and more Olive Garden – like.”
Read more on Your Own Home Store.
2. Our Favorite Super Easy Banana Applesauce Bread Recipe
“My kids love bananas. Until they don’t. And they never tell me when the banana consumption will spontaneously shut off, so occasionally, I’m left with a bunch of over ripe bananas. When there are 4-5 of them, we make this amazing super simple banana applesauce bread. It does help rotate some of your food storage items, but the recipe itself is not food storage friendly without some substitutions. I’ll cover those at the end so you can make this out of food storage if you want to!”
Read more on Food Storage And Survival.
3. 24 Perfect Blueberry Recipes To Make With Your Harvest
“With the peak of blueberry season in sight why not prepare with all these great recipes? Homemade Recipes has put together a list of unique blueberry pie recipes worth going gaga over. So let’s roll up our sleeves and get baking!”
Read more on Pioneer Settler.
4. Easy To Make 4 Ingredient Appetizer Recipes
“I’m digging out my mom’s easy to make 4 ingredient appetizer recipes for you today. I have the PRINTABLE at the bottom of the post. I look at my mom’s recipe box every day sitting on a shelf in my living room. It’s truly a treasure. I only wish it had more recipes in it. I was busy working and thought my mom would live forever. I wish I had asked her for all of her recipes and written them down with her. Are you like me and can almost smell the homemade salads your mom made? I miss the freshly ground pork sausage my dad made. My parents would buy the pork on sale from a certain butcher and bring it home to grind and make the best sausage in the world. Dang, no one has that recipe! Oh, how I wish I had that one for sure!”
Read more on Food Storage Moms.
5. Turmeric-Tomato-Black Pepper Soup to Fight Cancer, Inflammation & More
“Inflammation is the body’s first attempt at self-protection. In other words it is a first reaction generated by the body in response to an injury suffered. Inflammation does not mean infection, even when an infection causes inflammation. Infection is caused by a bacterium, virus or fungus, while inflammation is the body’s response to it.
Long-term inflammation are called Chronic inflammation. However, it can eventually cause several diseases and conditions, including some cancers, rheumatoid arthritis, atherosclerosis, periodontitis, and hay fever.”
Read more and on Blogs Natural News.
This article has been written by Brenda E. Walsh for Survivopedia.
- Prep Blog Review: Are You Ready For September? - August 27, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: Getting Back To DIY Projects - August 20, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: Surviving Zika – Myths And Reality - August 13, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: Knives, Guns and Camouflage - August 6, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: 32+ Ultimate Survival Allies - July 30, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: 2016 Survival Assessment (So Far) - July 23, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: 5+ SHTF Facts - July 16, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: The No.1 Priority in Surviving - July 9, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: 4th of July Special – American Ways - July 2, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: UK Left The EU. Now What? - June 25, 2016