Most DIY projects are really fun and even though they might require some time and elbow grease to put together, they’re an enjoyable activity. But the ones we like most here are those that will come in handy when SHTF.
This week we’ve stumbled upon 5 new articles on just that: DIY projects that will come in handy. Scroll through them and drop us a line in the comments section to let us know what other DIY have you tried up until now.
1. DIY Bug Out Trailer Built Your Way
“As disaster prepping continues its precipitous rise in popularity it seems every conceivable gadget, defense rig or bit of advice has been done or handed out. Everything’s been thought of, right? Not so fast. When you come right down to it, that advice, those how-to’s are what works for them. “Them” are all the people out there on the internet writing blog articles and posting videos. Most of them have the best intentions.
They want to impart their knowledge to others who might benefit from it. But how do you take what they offer and make it your own? How to tweak it, modify it and customize it to what works best for you? ”
Read more on The Prepper Journal.
2. How to Build a Super Simple Chicken Coop
“If you are thinking about getting chickens or have chickens already you know (or will know) that buying a chicken coop is a large investment. In this article I will explain how to build a super simple chicken coop, but depending on your needs this might or might not be the best option for you.
When we decided to start raising chickens about 3 years ago we went the quick and easy route and decided to buy a premade chicken coop, and after I saw the prices of some of these chicken coops I basically purchased the cheapest chicken coop I could find.”
Read more on Survivalist Prepper.
3. How to Plug a Tire in a Road Side Emergency
Today we present our first article for this round in our non-fiction writing contest – this one is by BCtruck
Today, I would like to discuss “tire plugging” and show you how its done and the kit I keep with me. Tire plugging in no way substitutes a professionally applied internal patch, but having the option of plugging a tire can save you lots of money in service/road calls and tremendously reduce the amount of hassle and down time that a flat tire brings.”
Read more on The Survivalist Blog.
4. Simple Smoking Pit
“Small post today because I have to get the yard together before the holiday.
I have dehydrated meat but never smoked it. I am also looking for a low cost and easiest way to do things in a SHTF situation. This pit seems to be that.
It is a simple as:
- Digging a hole at least 3 feet deep and 1 1/2 feet wide.
- Make a fire at the bottom
- Once it starts to burn good add green wood chipped and small green wood branches (this will make the smoke)
- Make some wood rakes or place some wood stick to securely place the meat on. Theses must be placed at least a 1 and 1/2 foot above the fire.
- Cover the pit with leaf filled branches to trap the smoke.”
Read more on Urban Prepper Chick.
5. 10 Faraday Cages You Can Make at Home
“After the nuclear EMP was discovered in 1962 (US Starfish Prime Experiment) people have been searching for all kind of methods of protection (against electromagnetic pulses).
One of the solutions we came up with is storing important electronics in Faraday cages. If you are not familiar with the destruction effects of an EMP, you should probably watch this short documentary and learn what the biggest threat to modern-day America is, and what you can do today to keep your family safe.”
Read more on Ask a Prepper.
This article has been written by Brenda E. Walsh for Survivopedia.
3,591 total views, 1 views today
- Prep Blog Review: Are You Ready For September? - August 27, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: Getting Back To DIY Projects - August 20, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: Surviving Zika – Myths And Reality - August 13, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: Knives, Guns and Camouflage - August 6, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: 32+ Ultimate Survival Allies - July 30, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: 2016 Survival Assessment (So Far) - July 23, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: 5+ SHTF Facts - July 16, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: The No.1 Priority in Surviving - July 9, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: 4th of July Special – American Ways - July 2, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: UK Left The EU. Now What? - June 25, 2016