With the first crops come the first cans, right? Our gardens are just starting to produce, but there are plenty of things that we can start canning for our stockpiles, and we’ve gathered here some of them.
Also when prepping your food stockpile you should also take into consideration the dietary needs of your family as well as the mistakes to stay away from. So we’ve covered that too in today’s Prep Blog Review.
Go through all the great read we’ve gathered and drop us a line in the comments section below to let us know what are you canning next?
1. Pickled Peppers
“Many of our hot peppers got into our homemade salsa (which has gotten hotter as the boys have gotten older), but I like to make up a batch of pickled peppers to use in tacos and enchiladas, or even to toss over the top of a roast when we want a little extra heat.
Because hot peppers are not acidic, using a vinegar pickle allows them to be processed in boiling water bath canner. For this recipe you can use jalapeno peppers, banana peppers, or whatever other hot peppers you have available.”
Read more on Common Sense Home.
2. Home Canned Chicken is a Great Prep
“My wife likes to can food of all types. One thing that we have had good success with is canning meat. One of her favorites is to can chicken.
It is one of the more inexpensive meats and yet one of the more versatile, when it comes time to cook. She makes curries, Mexican foods and all kinds of casseroles and stir-fries from canned chicken.”
Read more on Preparedness Advice.
3. The Solar Dehydrator
“This week on the homestead, we get a chance to use our newly built solar dehydrator. Plus we take a look at the first ever vintage of wine being bottled on the homestead.”
This article has been written by Brenda E. Walsh for Survivopedia.
- Prep Blog Review: Are You Ready For September? - August 27, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: Getting Back To DIY Projects - August 20, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: Surviving Zika – Myths And Reality - August 13, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: Knives, Guns and Camouflage - August 6, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: 32+ Ultimate Survival Allies - July 30, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: 2016 Survival Assessment (So Far) - July 23, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: 5+ SHTF Facts - July 16, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: The No.1 Priority in Surviving - July 9, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: 4th of July Special – American Ways - July 2, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: UK Left The EU. Now What? - June 25, 2016