Each season brings its own challenges and summer sure isn’t easy on us, with temperatures soaring and wildfires, tornadoes and hurricanes wreaking havoc, while still having to tend on our gardens.
So this week we made a round up of the best articles and videos on how we, the American preppers, deal with summer challenges, without overlooking a little seasonal gardening.
1. 3 Reasons Every Prepper Should Grown Cayenne Peppers
“When people think about “living off the land” or “growing all their own food,” they usually think about growing plants like grains or potatoes.
Maybe they imagine keeping some cattle, or perhaps planting a rolling pecan plantation.
I’m sure cayenne peppers rarely make anyone’s list. Even the beloved jalapeno is lucky to make the survival gardener’s notebook.”
Read more on The Prepper Project.
2. Season 1 Episode 1 – An American Homestead
“An American Homestead is about 2 families that left the city for a more simple off-grid life in the mountains of the American Ozarks. Subscribe to see just how they are getting by each week and join them in this adventure.”
3. Around Half the States in the Country are Now Experiencing Drought
“We hear much about the drought conditions that continue to affect California, but that’s not the only state that’s suffering from an ongoing lack of rain.
Almost half the states in the country are experiencing drought conditions, and dust storms akin to those in the 1930′s are becoming a more frequent occurrence in some areas.
Oklahoma is baked dry. In the course of the most arid years, each acre of farmland can lose up to 70 tons of soil and then, wherever the dust is dumped, it can smother the crops it lands on.”
Read more on The Daily Sheeple.
4. Homemade Fire Truck for the Prepper
“How to make a homemade fire truck for under $500 pump $300, tank $50, hoses $100. (Not counting the truck cost)”
Video first seen on Southern Prepper 1.
5. The Heat Is On: How to Stay Cool Without Air Conditioning
“It’s heatwave time again!
All across the country, the mercury is climbing…and staying there, way up at the top of the thermometer.
But running an air conditioner at full blast to combat the heat can be very expensive, and for those of us on a budget, the resulting bill can be crippling.
So what is a family with no air conditioning to do?”
Read more on The Organic Prepper.
Please let us know how you deal with the summer or just drop a line to say hello in the comments section bellow.
This article has been written by Brenda E. Walsh for Survivopedia.
- Prep Blog Review: Are You Ready For September? - August 27, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: Getting Back To DIY Projects - August 20, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: Surviving Zika – Myths And Reality - August 13, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: Knives, Guns and Camouflage - August 6, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: 32+ Ultimate Survival Allies - July 30, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: 2016 Survival Assessment (So Far) - July 23, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: 5+ SHTF Facts - July 16, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: The No.1 Priority in Surviving - July 9, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: 4th of July Special – American Ways - July 2, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: UK Left The EU. Now What? - June 25, 2016