One of the main concerns preppers have is how to survive in case of black-out, no matter the cause. Canning and preserving provides long-term food for a family wise enough to think in advance about survival, when cooking can be a luxury
However another crucial concern is heating your house in winter without electric energy. Risks of developing hypotermia turns into a matter of life and death , especially for the people with heart disease or other chronic conditions.
Take a look at those useful articles about surviving without electricity we found for you, this week, on prepper websites and blogs.
1. Food Storage Without Electricity – Top 10 Foods to Stockpile
“One question that I’ve been seeing a lot in preparedness discussions is how to make real, “living” food a part of your storage plans. Many food storage lists include large amounts of heavily processed food items because they are cheaper, readily available, and have amazing shelf lives. That’s all well and fine, but you’re supposed to rotate your food storage items regularly by eFating out out your storage.”
Read more on My Family Survival Plan.
2. Surviving When the Heat Goes Out
“As the winter months approach, it is essential to get your heater checked to ensure it is working properly. A malfunctioning system can have disastrous effects when temperatures plummet.
Be prepared before the seasons change to prevent this from happening. If it does, here are some of the easiest things to do to stay safe, and keep your home safe as well. ”
Read more on Survival Life.
3. Firewood and Wood Stove Fire Basics – Five Lessons for Heating with Wood
“Firewood burned in a wood stove is our primary heat source – not just in winter, but year round. We regularly have fires going in the evening here until the end of May.
When we first moved to our rural property, I had so many questions: How much wood do we need for winter? What kind of wood should we burn? How do I prepare it? How do I clean the wood stove? Won’t it make a lot of smoke? ”
Read more on Modern Homesteading.
This article has been written by Gabrielle Ray for Survivopedia.
18,593 total views, 2 views today
- Top 5 Versatile Foods To Survive Nowadays - October 28, 2016
- 13 Top Skills To Learn Now For Survival - June 29, 2016
- Here’s The Right Way To Build A Chicken Coop! - June 12, 2016
- Survival Gardening: What Grows Where - June 1, 2016
- 10 Foods To Solve Your Medical Crisis - May 18, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: 5 Easy DIY Projects For Preppers - April 9, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: Why Old Skills Have To Be Revived - November 28, 2015
- Prep Blog Review: Preparing For The Economic Meltdown - August 29, 2015
- 12 Survival Projects That Make You Wow - June 28, 2015
- Prep Blog Review: Survival Projects For The Summer - July 26, 2014