The Smith and Wesson Special Tactical Folding Knife makes a great knife for anyone’s EDC. The compact size and comfortable grip make this knife easy to hold and easy to work with.
It’s also easily concealable, while remaining ready for quick draw and use. With a little practice, you can have this knife out, open and ready for action in under two seconds.
While I’m more of a gun carrier, I always have a knife as a backup. At close range, it can be difficult to draw a gun and fire it, without giving an attacker a chance to get their hands on your gun. A knife is much more concealable, making it a great backup weapon. The small and compact size of this knife make it ideal, as it would not be easily detected before you drew it.
The knife is only 4-1/2 inches long and has a single edge. That makes it legal for carry in most states, even those which try to limit blade length of double-edged blades. It has a westernized tonto tip, which traces its design back to the Japanese Katana swords. This angled tip is much stronger than a dagger tip or drop point, but still penetrates well when needed.
Essentially, the blade has two sharp edges, the straight edge and the angled one, even though it’s rated as a single-edge knife.
The knife’s stainless-steel blade is black coated to not reflect the light. This helps with concealability, giving you the tactical advantage of surprise. Being stainless, it will hold an edge well and won’t rust. A spring steel clip allows you to attach it inside the front pocket of your pants, where it is readily available, and not highly visible.
But this knife is good for more than fighting. The tonto design gives you two cutting edges for use anytime you need a knife. Both are flat, making them ideal for cutting wood in a survival situation. The long edge is serrated halfway, so you can also use the knife for cutting tinder for your fire or slender branches to use as tent poles and stakes.
All in all, this Smith and Wesson knife will be a handy EDC for anyone, regardless of your particular needs.
This article has been written by Bill White for Survivopedia.
2,157 total views, 4 views today
- What’s Happening With Russia? - October 18, 2016
- What Are Our Enemies Up To While We Fight Ourselves - October 11, 2016
- What Would A Trump Presidency Look Like? - October 4, 2016
- Does Hillary’s Health Really Matter? - September 28, 2016
- ISIS Is Still Alive And Well - September 23, 2016
- Product Review: Solavore Sport Solar Oven - September 22, 2016
- Why To Buy a Solar Oven, Rather Than DIY - September 21, 2016
- Read This Before Buying a Solar Oven! - September 20, 2016
- The Party of Voter Fraud Exposed - September 13, 2016
- The War On Coal: Going Green On Energy - August 30, 2016