That’s why water plays a crucial part in any survival plan and stockpile. So this week we’ve gathered some articles to assess the threats and options you have when it comes to your survival water. Make sure to drop us a line in the comments section below to tell us which are your biggest challenges when it comes to stockpiling water.
1. The drought in California keeps getting worse
“The drought in California keeps getting worse and its small rural towns such as East Porterville that are affected the most.
As wells continue to fail, with 996 already reported, many residents of East Porterville depend almost exclusively on bottled water for getting by. Contrary to popular belief, small towns and farms are not always as self-reliant as some think they are.”
Read more on The Modern Survivalist.
2. Hydration for the Apocalypse: How to Store Water for Long-Term Emergencies
“A big storm and earthquake hits your town. It’s a certifiable quakenado.
Your house is spared structural damage, but the power and water are out. According to news reports, the grid is down in your area and several water mains are broken. Conservative estimates are that it will take crews at least a week to get water service back on.
Would you have enough water in your home for you and your family to last until the water came back? Or if you live in the southwest, would you have enough in a situation where your city just plain runs out of water?”
Read more on My Family Survival Plan.
3. Unlimited Urban Clean Drinking Water Supply
“We need it to survive, in fact the human body can only survive about three days without water.
We are all accustom to having clean water available to us at any time just by turning on the tap and getting our supply from municipal water sources. What if those sources become contaminated?
We have all been under or heard of a boil water alert in our area or a nearby area. An alert could be caused by a broken water main, flooding in an area, or some other natural or manmade disaster.”
Read more on Vigil Prudence.
4. SHTF Water Filtering and Purification For Preppers
“When it comes to SHTF water filtering and purification for preppers we all know the basics and how important it is. Understanding which water filters to get, and how water filters really work can be a little confusing though.
We all know the big names like the life straw, Berkey and my favorite the Sawyer water filter, but do we really understand which filters can do what, and which ones can’t do what we thought they could do? The water filter might say how many microns it is, but do you know what that means to you? If not, you will after you read this article.”
Read more on Survivalist Prepper.
5. GENIUS! The “Lightest” Way to Carry Water in the Woods
“This is genius! Want a means of carrying extra 5 liters of extra water with a container that is feather light and fits in the palm of your hand?!? Watch as I demonstrate a reapplication of dry bag technology for a wet purpose!
One very important object you need to have in your bug out bag or camping bag is a container for water. Ultimately, you need at least one container that is metal so that you can boil water for safe drinking. However, you should have additional flexible containers so that you can carry water from the source to your camp without having to make multiple trips. Using this dry bag, you have limitless opportunities”
Read more on On Point Preparedness.
This article has been written by Brenda E. Walsh for Survivopedia.
2,796 total views, 1 views today
- Prep Blog Review: Are You Ready For September? - August 27, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: Getting Back To DIY Projects - August 20, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: Surviving Zika – Myths And Reality - August 13, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: Knives, Guns and Camouflage - August 6, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: 32+ Ultimate Survival Allies - July 30, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: 2016 Survival Assessment (So Far) - July 23, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: 5+ SHTF Facts - July 16, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: The No.1 Priority in Surviving - July 9, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: 4th of July Special – American Ways - July 2, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: UK Left The EU. Now What? - June 25, 2016