One of the biggest challenges for preppers and gardeners who live in urban settings is space.
It’s tough to find enough space to plant basil, let alone grow an entire garden. Even if you live on a fairly large lot, neighbors may take exception to you growing a full garden in your front yard. You also have to worry about scavengers, both human and 4-legged, robbing your goodies.
So how can you go about gaining self-sufficiency without being obvious? Two words: edible landscaping.
This sort of landscaping involves simply using edible plants in place of strictly ornamental ones. It’s not so hard to do and it’s relatively subtle so it’s the perfect way to grow your own food and save some grocery money within a limited space. You can even do it if you live in an apartment though you’ll have to be a bit more selective with what plants you choose.
We’ve found a great article that walks you through the process step-by-step and also offers some valuable tips that will help get you started. They even offer up some great plant choices and some ideas about where they work best.
For anybody looking to start an edible garden, this article is a great place to begin!
This article has been written by Theresa Crouse for Survivopedia.
- 9 Ways To Disinfect Wounds In A Survival Situation - March 24, 2017
- How To Store Tap Water For Survival - March 12, 2017
- Ancient Survival Medicine That We Lost To History - March 10, 2017
- How To Turn Your Bike Into A Bug Out Vehicle - March 8, 2017
- Product Review: Plug & Farm Tower - March 6, 2017
- How To Choose A Good Pressure Cooker - March 5, 2017
- How To Feed Your Family Without Any Soil Or Space - March 3, 2017
- Why Vertical Gardening Works for Preppers - March 2, 2017
- Start Growing Your Own Food Using Hydroponics - February 27, 2017
- 8 Tips On Reusing Containers For Water Storage - February 26, 2017