This week we found these great articles on survival gear as well as how to stay alive. Let us know what you think in the comments section.
1. What Happens When You’re 1000 Miles Away and TSHTF?
“Hello Everybody. A reader just sent me this question: ArmyVet here again; I am an over-the-road trucker, Mrs. Army is a housewife. My SHTF concerns should be obvious, what if I am 1,000 + miles from home when IT hit the fan.
I have my ruck and 1st aid bag on the truck always, my big concern is how to cover a lot of distance quickly, safely in a worst case scenario. At 57, I don’t have the stamina of yesteryear and I fear getting home to Mrs. Army may not be possible and that is where you and your blog followers come in.”
Read more about it on SHTF Blog.
2. Baseball Bat Weapon Modifications: 6 Zombie Destroying Baseball Bats
“I’ve just finished a several week writing project that required way too much cerebral effort. Quite frankly, my brain hurts. After being trapped in front of a computer that long I normally feel like just going outside and blowing something up or burning through 1000 rounds of ammo as fast as humanly possible into my burning barrel.
Not this time though. This time I fought the urge to be destructive and instead decided to do something constructive with my time, skills and energy. Something that would make the world a better place. Something, I decided, that would make my Mom and Dad proud.”
Read more on Willow Haven Outdoor.
3. How to Hide from Drones/Thermal Imaging
“Thermal imaging is the primary method human detection on the battlefield. Whether it be a drone, an Apache helicopter, or an individual soldier, thermal imaging is the best tool available for the job. Thermal images work by “seeing” heat.
Everything emits thermal energy, dirt, trees, rocks, humans. Thermal imaging is so successful at detecting human beings that it poses a threat to the average citizen. Don’t get me wrong, I feel every citizen should own a thermal imager as well.”
Read more on Tin Hat Ranch.
4. Understanding Knife Metals – Stainless & Carbon Steel
“As an equipment mechanic & welder I have a basic to intermediate understanding of metals, in particular steel & stainless steel. Stainless steel being most familiar to me like 304, 304L & 316 stainless steel are metals I work with on a daily basis.
As I further my knowledge in bushcraft & enjoy the looks, feel & engineering behind good quality knives I felt that I should better educate myself to not only further my knowledge in basic metalurgy but to also be a better informed consumer.”
Read more on Around the Cabin.
5. How to Cleverly Use a GPS Tracker
“It’s very simple to use a GPS tracker. Anybody can do it. But I’m pretty sure you’ll find here some useful information you’ve never thought about. Life is far easier nowadays than ten years ago. We live in the technological age where the availability of data is just a button away.
Everything is monitored and tracked with the assistance of spyware, tracking systems and GPS systems. Whilst the resultant privacy issues are a major talking point, it is also true that these technological advances have definite advantages in our everyday lives. There are so many systems and devices on the market to choose from and anybody can afford them.”
Read more on Ask a Prepper.
Learn more about skills that will save your life during crisis on Conquering the Coming Collapse.
This article has been written by Brenda E. Walsh for Survivopedia.
8,927 total views, 1 views today
- Prep Blog Review: Are You Ready For September? - August 27, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: Getting Back To DIY Projects - August 20, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: Surviving Zika – Myths And Reality - August 13, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: Knives, Guns and Camouflage - August 6, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: 32+ Ultimate Survival Allies - July 30, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: 2016 Survival Assessment (So Far) - July 23, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: 5+ SHTF Facts - July 16, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: The No.1 Priority in Surviving - July 9, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: 4th of July Special – American Ways - July 2, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: UK Left The EU. Now What? - June 25, 2016