Well, that’s what we often ask ourselves and try to find the best solutions for you and for us. We are always looking for answers and new experiences to share, so here are 4 new articles that might answer some of your questions.
1. An Emergency Slush Lamp Hack Using a Torch Plant Leaf
“Full credit for this hack goes to our Georgia humidity, a buddy of mine, and my fondness for fire.
Trading theory for action is the only way to prove for yourself if something you’ve read or watched will work in real-life. For instance, will dry mullein (Torch Plant) leaves ignite with a ferro rod. I tested the theory and found that they smolder when 3,000 degree sparks landed on their dry surface. Dry is a relative term in Georgia humidity.”
Read more on Survival Sherpa.
2. A Candle Flame: Survival Heat x 3
“You will probably not freeze to death if a blizzard takes out the power in your area this winter but with all the buzz about possible EMP (electromagnetic pulse) attacks and massive solar flares the issue of weeks or months without power during winter needs to be addressed.
What can you do with a single candle flame, or better yet 3 or 4? You may have noticed that the room did not become noticeably warmer at Uncle Joe’s 80th birthday party when all the candles were lit.”
Read more on Before It’s News.
3. How to Pick the Best Firewood for Clean-Burning, Long-Lasting Fires
“It’s officially fall, which means it’s time to clean out the fireplace and inspect the chimney. It’s also the ideal time to setup your firewood pile. Here’s how to pick and prepare the best burning firewood.
The Drier the Better
A rule of thumb for firewood: The drier, the better. Wood consists of small tubes that deliver water from the roots into the trunk and branches of the tree.”
Read more on Workshop Life Hacker.
4. Why You Need To Buy More Than One Flashlight
“I want to talk today about why you need to buy more than one flashlight for your home or car. This may seem so silly, but it’s not, let me explain.
Sometimes we may visualize a disaster happens when the sun is shining outside. Well, the truth is a disaster or unforeseen emergency can happen at any time of the day or night.”
Read more on Food Storage Moms.
Want to know how to prepare for an EMP? CLICK HERE to find out how!
This article has been written by Brenda E. Walsh for Survivopedia.
3,121 total views, 4 views today
- Prep Blog Review: Are You Ready For September? - August 27, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: Getting Back To DIY Projects - August 20, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: Surviving Zika – Myths And Reality - August 13, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: Knives, Guns and Camouflage - August 6, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: 32+ Ultimate Survival Allies - July 30, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: 2016 Survival Assessment (So Far) - July 23, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: 5+ SHTF Facts - July 16, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: The No.1 Priority in Surviving - July 9, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: 4th of July Special – American Ways - July 2, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: UK Left The EU. Now What? - June 25, 2016