So whatever your survival plan might be, keep in mind to make health a part of it. And here are 5 tips that will steer you in the right direction.
1. Dakin’s Solution – A Homemade Antiseptic
“Dakin’s solution is an antiseptic solution developed during World War I to treat infected wounds. It is a viable solution that is being used even today and it’s a perfect homemade antiseptic for preppers and survivalists.
Dakin’s solution is an antiseptic solution containing sodium hypochlorite (common household bleach) and water. Dakin’s solution is not the only antiseptic available, and on the market you can find stronger germicidal solutions, like the ones containing carbolic acid (phenol) or iodine.”
Read more on Prepper’s Will.
2. 25 Natural Remedies For Diabetes
“A few weeks ago I read an email from a reader that made me sad. In it, she said that given her daughter’s reliance on insulin, she had come to terms with the fact that in a true SHTF scenario, her daughter would die.
Those of you that have read William Forstchen’s book, One Second After may recall that the main character’s daughter was a diabetic and died because of a lack of insulin.”
Read more on Backdoor Survival.
3. When The Meds Run Out, These Are The Natural Alternatives That Could Save Your Life
“One of the perks of Ready Nutrition is to read books on prepping and natural living and share which ones I like with all of you.
Like many of you, I have a natural curiosity about natural medicine and practiced using essential oils and herbs to make my own salves and teas. I am by no means a master herbalist but love learning about the subject.”
Read more on Ready Nutrition.
4. Worms Can Be A Serious Medical Problem After TEOTWAWKI
“When I was a child, I remember my mother always worrying and watching to see if we had worms. Now this is something that I haven’t thought about in years. But recently I have noticed a couple of articles about people having tapeworms. Now to most younger Americans, worms are not something that they have ever had to worry about.
In talking to a few people, I find that they know very little about how to prevent or treat worms. You can contact worms from simple things like walking barefoot in areas where people defecated. Then you touch your feet and your mouth.”
Read more on Preparedness Advice.
5. Homemade Decongestant Chest Rub – Compare To Vicks®
“I never even thought of making my own decongestant homemade chest rub.
In fact, I had completely forgotten that there even was a product like that.Until I needed it.
Necessity is the mother of invention, right?
In this case, yes. And though I didn’t really invent this, I finally cobbled together information from the internet and made my own.”
Read more on Whole New Mom.
Interested in improving your medical survival skills? CLICK HERE to find out more!
This article has been written by Brenda E. Walsh for Survivopedia.
- Prep Blog Review: Are You Ready For September? - August 27, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: Getting Back To DIY Projects - August 20, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: Surviving Zika – Myths And Reality - August 13, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: Knives, Guns and Camouflage - August 6, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: 32+ Ultimate Survival Allies - July 30, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: 2016 Survival Assessment (So Far) - July 23, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: 5+ SHTF Facts - July 16, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: The No.1 Priority in Surviving - July 9, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: 4th of July Special – American Ways - July 2, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: UK Left The EU. Now What? - June 25, 2016