Any skill is a good skill to have, right? That’s why whenever we stumble upon a “How To” article we get pretty excited about learning something new. Either if it helps us prepare for any disaster that might come upon us, or helps us survive when SHTF, it’s always a good idea to develop new skills and learn new things.
That’s why we’ve put together the best How To’s of this week: from making your own weapons to building and protecting your house, we’ve got it all covered. And while you’re here, make sure to drop us a line in the comments section bellow to let us know what other skills you’d like to develop?
1. How We Built Our Earthship, an Off-grid Prairie Home
“When you tell people you’re building an Earthship, there are two stock responses. First there are the believers.
These are the people who’ve watched Garbage Warrior, twice. They want to talk design and permits and timelines. They’re into it. The other stock response is an incredulous repeating of the word back to you with a question mark attached. Earthship? Yes, Earthship. And here’s the story of how my family built an Earthship in southern Alberta this summer.”
Read more on Walden Labs.
2. Tips On How To Fortify And Prep Your Home Or Apartment
“Let’s face it; none of us has money to burn so we all need to get the best possible return on any investments we make, including those related to our disaster preparedness measures.
From my chair, if you’re not living on a boat, the best investment you can make is in your own home (where you live). There are potential scenarios where your home will become your survival shelter or safe haven.”
Read more on My Family Survival Plan.
3. How To Turn Salt Water Into Drinking Water
“Everyone living in a coastal area should learn this skill. If you run out of drinking water and there’s a drought or you have no access to lakes or rivers, you might have to gather water from the ocean.
The cruel irony of planet Earth is that there is water almost everywhere, but less than one percent of it is safe to drink. Not only will drinking salt water make you even more dehydrated, enough of it will cause kidney failure and death. But knowing how to turn salt water into drinking water can get you around this problem.”
Read more on Urban Survival Site.
4. How To Build a TSA-Approved EDC Kit
“Whether you’re heading off on vacation with the family or attending to business in some other part of the world, traveling by plane presents unique challenges for packing your EDC kit due to the rules set out by the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) regarding what can and cannot be brought on planes.
What is permitted for checked baggage differs from what is permitted for carry-on and to add to the confusion, regulations are constantly changing. Before packing for your trip, make sure you’re current with what is and isn’t permissible by checking the TSA Prohibited Items list for travelers.”
Read more on The Bug Out Bag Guide.
5. Homemade Weapon Ideas
“You maybe on the go, or get caught in a place were you need to think off the top of your head…to make a weapon.
Could you do it?
Well seeing some homemade and make shift weapons will at least give you some ideas if that day ever came.
Right now I am sitting at my office desk looking at what is around me….I could use the following as a weapon right now”
Read more on Urban Prepper Chick.
This article has been written by Brenda E. Walsh for Survivopedia.
6,824 total views, 3 views today
- Prep Blog Review: Are You Ready For September? - August 27, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: Getting Back To DIY Projects - August 20, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: Surviving Zika – Myths And Reality - August 13, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: Knives, Guns and Camouflage - August 6, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: 32+ Ultimate Survival Allies - July 30, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: 2016 Survival Assessment (So Far) - July 23, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: 5+ SHTF Facts - July 16, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: The No.1 Priority in Surviving - July 9, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: 4th of July Special – American Ways - July 2, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: UK Left The EU. Now What? - June 25, 2016