That’s why we’ve put together for you a list of food preparedness tips and tricks that will help you with all kinds of problems and dilemmas.
1. The Most Convenient And Fun Way To Peel Potatoes
“We’ve all had to peel a potato before (and if you haven’t, then I’m sure you’ve at least peeled some sort of vegetable). You know how it’s done: you get a bowl, a vegetable peeler, and your pile of spuds. Then, you drag the peeler up and down the potato and over the bowl until it’s completely clean.
As you know, this can be a relatively time-consuming and laborious process, even if you’re an expert. That’s why the video featured here is so amazing. In simple terms, it essentially shows you how to peel your potatoes without all of the hard work.”
Read more on Life Hack.
2. Pollinators are Your Friend in the Garden
“Whether you are a beekeeper or not, if you garden, you should be selecting plants to create a habitat for pollinators.
Attracting pollinators to the home garden is as important as having good soil, sunshine, and rain.
Pollinators world-wide are suffering from industrial pollution, loss of habitat, and unpredictable weather patterns.”
Read more on Tennessee Homestead.
3. The Top 6 Historical Egg Preservation Techniques!
“In today’s video, we explore six egg preservation methods that were used in households from the 18th century to well into the 20th century. Early tests reveal that some of these methods were incredibly effective. You won’t believe how successful the top-rated method worked!”
Video first seen on Jas. Townsend and Son, Inc.
4. 23 Awesome Uses for Lemongrass Essential Oil
“Anyone who has used essential oils for a period of time will find that they reach for the same tried and true oils over and over again. In my case, there are the go-to standards lavender, peppermint, rosemary and frankincense but in addition, there is Lemongrass.
Three years ago, I thought lemongrass was an herbal plant used in tea and in Asian cuisine. While I still enjoy a soothing cup of lemongrass and ginger tea, these days lemongrass essential oil serves an important role in my first aid kit as well.”
Read more on Backdoor Survival.
5. 12 Strategies for Creating the Perfect Pantry
“There are a lot of different ways to go about building your pantry. While each style has its pros and cons, I think that adhering to any one strategy alone leaves some gaps in your food preparedness.
Personally, I’m a fan of combining the best of each world based on the needs of your particular family. Enjoy this excerpt from the updated version of my book, The Pantry Primer.”
Read more on The Organic Prepper.
This article has been written by Brenda E. Walsh for Survivopedia.
2,590 total views, 1 views today
- Prep Blog Review: Are You Ready For September? - August 27, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: Getting Back To DIY Projects - August 20, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: Surviving Zika – Myths And Reality - August 13, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: Knives, Guns and Camouflage - August 6, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: 32+ Ultimate Survival Allies - July 30, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: 2016 Survival Assessment (So Far) - July 23, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: 5+ SHTF Facts - July 16, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: The No.1 Priority in Surviving - July 9, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: 4th of July Special – American Ways - July 2, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: UK Left The EU. Now What? - June 25, 2016