And although all skills are important, some will make the difference between life and death. So today we gathered some interesting articles on some essential skills, some vital and some not, but all really important for your survival!
1. Recognizing the Sound of Gunfire
“With all the recent active shooter/active killer events happening worldwide, I’m continuing to see reports of the exact same phenomenon….people don’t recognize the sounds of gunfire when they are being shot at.
In almost every mass shooting, victims report that they heard a loud noise, but thought it was some other more innocuous sound. In a recent school shooting, Jordan Coates, a student at the school stated:
“My back was to the door. I heard a pop and thought it was a bag because people do that”.”
Read more on Active Response Training.
2. Video: How To Press Your Own Cooking Oil
“Sunflower seeds are often overlooked in terms of supplies for sustainable living, yet they are one one of the most versatile types of seeds to have on hand.
Not only are they beneficial to the garden, but can be used for alternative power, has medicinal properties, can be fed to livestock, and can be pressed into fresh oil to use for cooking. Imagine all the space you could save in your pantries just by pressing your own oil.”
Read more on Ready Nutrition.
3. How To Make The Skyblaster Slingshot
“Here’s how to make a powerful water balloon slingshot, that launches water bombs from over 150 feet away.”
This article has been written by Brenda E. Walsh for Survivopedia.
3,064 total views, 2 views today
- Prep Blog Review: Are You Ready For September? - August 27, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: Getting Back To DIY Projects - August 20, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: Surviving Zika – Myths And Reality - August 13, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: Knives, Guns and Camouflage - August 6, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: 32+ Ultimate Survival Allies - July 30, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: 2016 Survival Assessment (So Far) - July 23, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: 5+ SHTF Facts - July 16, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: The No.1 Priority in Surviving - July 9, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: 4th of July Special – American Ways - July 2, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: UK Left The EU. Now What? - June 25, 2016