In case of any emergency you’ll either have to bug out with the (little) food you’ll be able to carry along or you’ll have to find solutions to grow, find or make your own along the way.
So this week we’ve gathered a lot of useful information on that topic, including how to make the best coffee on the go and in the wild! While you’re here make sure to drop me a line in the comments section if you have any useful tips or just want to say hi.
1. Raising Guinea Pigs for Food
“Now first let’s do the legal stuff, California’s anti-pet-eating law has a broad reach that may cover eating guinea pigs. The California law protects “any animal traditionally or commonly kept as a pet or companion,” rather than just Fido and Fluffy. The statute is somewhat untested, though, so no one really knows which animals are included. I don’t know about other states, so I suggest you check in your area before you get in trouble.
Now I know that you have all seen the guinea pigs that our kids have kept for pets. But I will bet that most of you don’t know that is some parts of the world they are regularly eaten and are considered delicious.”
Read more on Preparedness Advice.
2. Season 2 Episode 7 – An American Homestead – Milk and Honey
“This week on An American Homestead, it’s the land of milk and honey. We love our Raw Milk and we love our honey right fresh from the hive. We don’t yet produce these things on our homestead but there are homesteaders nearby that do. Let’s go see!”
This article has been written by Brenda E. Walsh for Survivopedia.
2,282 total views, 1 views today
- Prep Blog Review: Are You Ready For September? - August 27, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: Getting Back To DIY Projects - August 20, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: Surviving Zika – Myths And Reality - August 13, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: Knives, Guns and Camouflage - August 6, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: 32+ Ultimate Survival Allies - July 30, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: 2016 Survival Assessment (So Far) - July 23, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: 5+ SHTF Facts - July 16, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: The No.1 Priority in Surviving - July 9, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: 4th of July Special – American Ways - July 2, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: UK Left The EU. Now What? - June 25, 2016