We all know the rule of 3 when it comes to surviving: 3 weeks without food, 3 days without water and 3 hours without shelter. So we, as well as other many fellow preppers, feel we can’t talk enough about these 3 and their importance.
So this week is food’s turn. We’ve stumbled upon some great articles on how to stockpile it, nutritional information as well as how to use it as a medicine.
Make sure to drop a line in the comments section below and let was know what aspect of food preparedness would you like to learn more of?
1. Food Storage Battle: Cans Vs Buckets
“More than getting yourself safe, survival means being calamity-ready and making sure that you have stored ample amount of food and water.
With a preparedness guide and proper food storage, you can have a lifetime supply of food. Looking at your food storage options is especially important if:
1. You are planning on bugging in or shelter in in place for any period of time.”
Read more on The Bug Out Bag Guide.
2. Sweet potato leaves are a good source of vitamins
“Sweet potato is known to be a good source of ascorbic acid (vitamin C) and certain B vitamins that are considered essential to human health. Besides the commonly consumed root of the plant, certain tissues in sweet potato are also edible and high in nutritional value.
Although studies have confirmed that water-soluble vitamins exist in sweet potato roots and leaves, there has been limited information about how these vitamins are actually distributed in the plants. ”
Read more on Ready Nutrition.
3. Prepper Supplies Checklist
“I’ve noticed that on several Prepper discussion boards people are looking for an extensive Prepper Supplies Checklist, a way to organize their preps, wishlist, and survival goals.
If you are one of the many looking for a way to organize your preps then I hope this article and checklists will help get you organized and stimulate new ideas. If you haven’t thought about getting organized here are some reason to consider it:”
Read more on Preppers Survive.
4. Survival Nutrition
“When the SHTF or the economy collapses or some severe disaster overwhelms the food production and distribution system, what do you need to survive? This post is a discussion of survival nutrition — not the optimum diet for perfect health, but the minimum for survival.
First and foremost, you need carbohydrate. With water and carbs, you can survive for a long time. Carbohydrates provide energy for your cells; you can function from one day to the next with enough carbs.”
Read more on Prep Blog.
5. 17 Herbs and Spices That Fight Diabetes
“You can make your meals even healthier (and tastier, too!) while strengthening your fight against the diabetes-inducing inflammation in your body. How? We will look to nature and whole plant foods.
All of the herbs and spices listed here have anti-diabetic and/or anti-inflammatory properties and can be sprinkled on any meal to help reduce the chronic inflammation in your body. So when you’re cooking your next meal, toss in some of the herbs and spices listed below.”
Read more on Rodale News.
This article has been written by Brenda E. Walsh for Survivopedia.
3,375 total views, 1 views today
- Prep Blog Review: Are You Ready For September? - August 27, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: Getting Back To DIY Projects - August 20, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: Surviving Zika – Myths And Reality - August 13, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: Knives, Guns and Camouflage - August 6, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: 32+ Ultimate Survival Allies - July 30, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: 2016 Survival Assessment (So Far) - July 23, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: 5+ SHTF Facts - July 16, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: The No.1 Priority in Surviving - July 9, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: 4th of July Special – American Ways - July 2, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: UK Left The EU. Now What? - June 25, 2016