This week we found 5 great articles on this topic that will answer your questions on antibiotics, will give you natural alternatives for medication and many more.
As always, please comment below with thoughts, questions, suggestions or just to say hi.
1. Antibiotic Alternatives
“Several people have asked me questions about antibiotics like: How can I get prescription-quality antibiotics for my emergency kit?
Are animal antibiotics safe for human consumption? And then there is my question, how can I get antibiotics cheaper?
At the beginning of the year I visited the doctor because I was very sick. He prescribed me antibiotics and a week later I was all better.
The doctor visit cost $110 and the antibiotics were $15 so the total cost to get antibiotics was $125! After receiving the bill I wondered how I could lower medical expenses and add antibiotics to my prepper supplies.”
Read more on Preppers Survive.
2. Natural Treatments for Blisters and Itching
“It’s that time of year again: you’re enjoying the great outdoors when you notice a “hot spot” on your foot (it’s a blister), and then you realize that your arm is itchy—likely from contact with an unidentified plant.
This isn’t going to happen every time you go out, and you probably don’t get, say, blisters and poison ivy rashes in the same outing, but wouldn’t you like to know how to treat them using items you have at home?”
Read more on Be Prepared.
3. 10 Powerful Spices For Your Health
“The following list of spices are extremely high in ORAC value – meaning they are very good for you and should be considered and mixed into your diet in order to take advantage of the many antioxidant and other benefits.
There’s more to spicing up your food than just salt and pepper… From a preparedness standpoint, while you focus on food storage,
Don’t forget the herbs, spices, and seasonings that can spice up an otherwise dull meal.”
Read more on Modern Survival Blog.
4. What Your Body Is Trying To Tell You Part 1: Fingernail Health
“Imagine if you didn’t have access to the internet. What if you didn’t even have any medical or nutrition books to help guide you?
And what if there wasn’t a doctor of any kind, for miles around? To compound these issues further, what if this hypothetical situation you’re in lasted for several years?
This is a major dilemma for Preppers, because we would no doubt face medical emergencies from time to time, especially from those conditions that are chronic in nature. It could be from a lack of nutrition, radiation, or chemicals slowly leaching into our environment from our eroding infrastructure.”
Read more on Ready Nutrition.
5. 10 Medicinal Weeds That May Grow In Your Backyard
“For thousands of years, man has looked to nature to cure disease.
In the last decade particularly, medicinal plants have been catapulted into mainstream culture, with the popularity of plant medicines such as ayahuasca, ibogaine and cannabis making headlines for their powerful healing abilities against some of today’s most prominent illnesses.
However, these plant medicines come with illicit conditions in most countries.
The good news is, some of the most common weeds in our backyard yield amazing healing abilities, and they are all legal! Here are ten weeds which possess interesting medicinal properties. (Note: Consult with your doctor before self-medicating with these plants).”
Read more on The Organic Prepper.
This article has been written by Brenda E. Walsh for Survivopedia.
5,491 total views, 1 views today
- Prep Blog Review: Are You Ready For September? - August 27, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: Getting Back To DIY Projects - August 20, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: Surviving Zika – Myths And Reality - August 13, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: Knives, Guns and Camouflage - August 6, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: 32+ Ultimate Survival Allies - July 30, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: 2016 Survival Assessment (So Far) - July 23, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: 5+ SHTF Facts - July 16, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: The No.1 Priority in Surviving - July 9, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: 4th of July Special – American Ways - July 2, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: UK Left The EU. Now What? - June 25, 2016