We are ferm believers that one of the best way to being fully prepped for a SHTF situation is self-sufficiency. When you don’t have to depend on anyone but yourself for survival, you are one step ahead of the panicked herds who will have to either loot or starve.
This week we made a round up of the best articles on self-sufficiency and surviving off-grid.
Let us know your opinion on the topic on the comments sections!
1. 6 No-Drama Survival Tips for a Clothed and Confident Summer
“It’s Summertime! A season where families and friends hit the trails and waterways for hikes, boating, and outdoor adventures. Sounds fun, right?
But here’s the thing…
Well over half of all survival scenarios occur on short outings in the woods or on the water.
One wrong turn and you’re lost. Or an ankle sprain hobbles your partner. Your two-hour day hike turns into an over-nighter. Fly fishing that river in your canoe becomes a survival trip after a late-day thunder-storm.”
Read more on Survival Sherpa.
2. Surviving the Ammo Shortage
“If you enjoy the shooting sports as much as I do then you have no doubt been affected by the ammo shortage.
There are many theories out there as to why the shortage occurred and how it can be fixed, however it seems that few know the true answers.
What we do know is demand + prices have steadily increased while supply has seemingly plummeted. For the millions of us that own .22 caliber rifles/pistols the ammo shortage has been especially critical.”
Read more on Expert Prepper.
3. Prepping Tips for Beginners – Helping You Prep Better
“One of the Pack (RedC) asked me a while ago if I would write up something on how I got to the level of food storage I currently have as well as what keeps me motivate.
The easy answer is a little at a time and bad times are coming, but I’m guessing he wanted a little more then that.
Prepping food has always been natural to me, we had 9 kids in our family and my moms Grocery budget was never more then $100 a month. We were all home schooled and worked on the farm, and quite honestly she never really needed most of that.”
Read more on The Survivalist Blog.
4. When You Get Cast Away and Cast Out
“As a bachelor I was pretty good at NOT accumulation a lot of stuff, mostly because I couldn’t afford it.
I still remember the days when furnishing my apartment consisted of a hand me down love seat, a few dishes, a mattress sitting on the floor and a 19” TV sitting on a TV tray… what else was I going to use it for, I didn’t have any food.”
Read more on Survivalist Prepper.
5. 12 Survival Hacks Using Just Leaves
“Nature provides an abundance of tools and resources if you just know where to look.
Today, I’m discussing just one of them – LEAVES.
You’re not going to believe all of the survival functions you can do with just LEAVES and a little bit of know-how.
No matter the season, leaves can provide you with some kind of a solution. Nature is freaking amazing!”
Read more on Willow Haven Outdoor.
This article has been written by Brenda Walsh for Survivopedia.
- Prep Blog Review: Are You Ready For September? - August 27, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: Getting Back To DIY Projects - August 20, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: Surviving Zika – Myths And Reality - August 13, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: Knives, Guns and Camouflage - August 6, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: 32+ Ultimate Survival Allies - July 30, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: 2016 Survival Assessment (So Far) - July 23, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: 5+ SHTF Facts - July 16, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: The No.1 Priority in Surviving - July 9, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: 4th of July Special – American Ways - July 2, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: UK Left The EU. Now What? - June 25, 2016