We’re heading for a food shortage at full speed, no doubt about it! The only thing that will save you from starving is self-sufficiency, so keep up with your prepping efforts related to food independence.
We found for you the articles bellow and they are great inspiration for your farm. Let us know what you think in the comments sections.
And keep an eye out on Survivopedia: next week you’ll find out more great ways to grow your own food!
1. Beginners Guide to Raising Meat Rabbits & 10 Reason to Raise Rabbits!
“Beginners Guide to Raising Meat Rabbits was a free kindle book when this post was written.
Raising rabbits for meat is one of the easiest ways to supply nutritious meat for your family. This book will teach you everything from choosing your breeding stock to butchering.
You may have been considering raising chickens, geese, ducks, goats, sheep or other small livestock for meat, but once you learn how easy it is to raise rabbits, you’ll never consider another animal for a primary meat source.”
Read more ore Prepared for Survival.
2. Promoting Native Pollinators on Your Farm
“For farmers and homesteaders, it just makes sense to promote the myriad of busy buzzing insects about your farm.
By promoting native bees you’re effectively promoting the overall health of the ecosystem that you are responsible for as a farmer–since bees are a keystone species and their health and well-being directly impacts plants and animals all the way up the food chain.
A healthy ecosystem is going to result in improved yields–whether you’re farming for vegetables, or farming grass for your cattle herd–the health of your farm’s ecosystem can directly impact your harvest–and so too your profitability.”
Read more on Run Amuk Acres.
3. 11 Reasons You Should Consider Beekeeping
“This month marks the two-year anniversary of my husband and I becoming full-fledged beekeepers. I love telling people that I keep bees – some react with fascination, others think I’m nuts.
There’s this notion that beekeeping is complicated, scary, and even dangerous.
Really, beekeeping is none of those things. In fact, I’m convinced that just about anyone who cares enough about bees can become a beekeeper.”
Read more on The Parsimonious Princess.
4. Need a Aquaponic Garden? Here’s How You Can do It – cheap, easy and effectively…
“A few months ago, I learned of the practice of Aquaponic Gardening.
As a homeschooling parent of a bunch of very active kids, I am always looking for multifaceted projects that can enhance my kids’ educational experience while being true to my prepper ideals.
Aquaponics fit perfectly. My hope is produce both edible plants and fish to feed my family.”
Read more on The Survivalist Blog.
5. Is Factory Farming Making Us Sick
“Today’s infographic asks an intriguing question…is factory farming making us sick?
The need to feed an ever growing population is bound to lead to some questionable food production choices.
Check out this infographic to learn about a few of these questionable choices…”
Read more on Prepography.
This article has been written by Brenda E. Walsh for Survivopedia.
- Prep Blog Review: Are You Ready For September? - August 27, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: Getting Back To DIY Projects - August 20, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: Surviving Zika – Myths And Reality - August 13, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: Knives, Guns and Camouflage - August 6, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: 32+ Ultimate Survival Allies - July 30, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: 2016 Survival Assessment (So Far) - July 23, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: 5+ SHTF Facts - July 16, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: The No.1 Priority in Surviving - July 9, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: 4th of July Special – American Ways - July 2, 2016
- Prep Blog Review: UK Left The EU. Now What? - June 25, 2016