Christmas time is almost here and I can’t stop thinking about the delightful experiences I am going to offer to my loved ones, both in terms of delicious meals and, of course, GIFTS! There is nothing I love more than making them happy.
I am sure you are looking for Christmas gifts so in this week’s Prep Blog Review I am sharing with you some awesome DIY gifts ideas your prepper friends or family members will love when they will find them in their stockings on Christmas morning. Plus – there are some fun projects you can try with your little ones so involve them in this activity and make sure they won’t get bored during their winter holiday.
If you have other ideas, please share them with us.
1. 30 Ways to Have Yourself a Thrifty Little Christmas
“There are a lot of reasons that sensible people want to step off of the materialistic rocket ride that is the standard North American Christmas and have a frugal Christmas that focuses on traditions instead. Here’s an excerpt from a book I’ve written with my 16-year-old daughter.
They may be tired of spending the entire following year working overtime because they are deep in debt for having produced a spectacular Christmas morning that was the stuff of storybooks.
Maybe they don’t want to create children who are never satisfied and always want more, who always yearn for that next edition of the iGadget of the year.
Perhaps they have suffered their own personal economic collapse and just can’t afford it this year. They might just want a sense of peace and contentment that you can never buy from a store.
They might just want a sense of peace and contentment that you can never buy from a store.”
Read more on The Organic Prepper.
2. 15 DIY Gifts in a Jar
“I love making DIY gifts, especially around the holidays. Many times we want to show someone they are special to us without spending a lot of money, and so a homemade gift works perfectly.
These gifts in a jar are adorable and are really inexpensive to make. You can make a themed jar based on something the person who you are gifting to likes – like the baking jar or flower garden listed below. We also have a really fun list of cookies in a jar!”
Read more on Kids Activities Blog.
3. M&M Mason Jar Cookie Recipe: A Perfect holiday Gift Idea
“Need a gift for the cookie lover on your list? Here’s a fix of M&M mason jar cookie recipe to serve up lots of smiles this yuletide season. Make gift giving more personalized with this.
All you need to make mason jar cookie recipes are your basic cookie ingredients, a mason jar, and a little bit of time. By taking a few extra minutes to divide and layer your cookie ingredients, rather than mixing them, and then putting all in a pretty jar, you have an adorable, quick and delicious gift idea.”
Read more on Pioneer Settler.
4. 58 DIY Christmas Gifts Your Friends and Family Will Love
“Spread holiday cheer with these sweet and simple handmade gifts.
Pinecone Fire Starters:
The only problem with making these pinecone fire starters? You’ll end up wanting to keep these beautiful favors for yourself!”
Read more on Country Living.
This article has been written by Drew Stratton for Survivopedia.
- Prep Blog Review: 100+ Gardening Secrets Revealed - March 25, 2017
- Prep Blog Review: Homesteading On A Budget - March 18, 2017
- Prep Blog Review: The Good & The Bad Food In Your Pantry - March 11, 2017
- Prep Blog Review: Quick Tips To Survive A Disaster - March 4, 2017
- Prep Blog Review: Food Lessons For Survival - February 25, 2017
- Prep Blog Review: 50+ Natural Heal-Anything Cures - February 18, 2017
- Prep Blog Review: Freeze Drying Or Dehydrating? - February 11, 2017
- Prep Blog Review: Best Practices For Storing Food - February 4, 2017
- Prep Blog Review: Are You Prepared For An EMP Attack? - January 28, 2017
- Prep Blog Review: 8+ Food Crops To Grow In Your Survival Garden - January 21, 2017