If somebody says the word “weapon”, the first thing things that are probably going to pop into your head are guns and knives. You may also think about pepper spray or other weapons typically used for self-defense. Those are all excellent weapons but each one has some drawbacks that may make them not-so-fabulous for what you need them for in a SHTF scenario.
Guns are excellent equalizers but can run out of bullets and require some knowledge to use. Knives definitely require skill and body strength, along with some tactical thinking training in order to be of any use. Pepper spray needs to be used within a couple of feet and is really only a bandaid weapon that buys you some time to get away from your assailant.
What you need is a weapon that you can make for yourself from stuff that you’ll have access to in a post-SHTF world. Unless you and the people that you’re fighting with have combat and weapons training, it’s also a good idea to have weapons that anybody can use. Offthegridnews.com has just the article for you!
This particular article is about melee weapons; weapons that are easy to use, give you some distance from your attacker and work to even the odds a bit even if you’re not heavily trained in the art of war or self-defense. Their weapons are lethal, can be made out of ordinary materials and can be used by anybody in a pinch though practice with any weapon is a good thing.
Check the article out here: 4 Deadly and Easy to Make Self-Defense Weapons. If you have any other ideas for effective melee weapons, tell us about them in the comments section below!
This article has been written by Theresa Crouse for Survivopedia.
- Take Advantage Of Growing Hydroponic Plants! - February 24, 2017
- This Is The Smart Way To Invest In Food! - February 23, 2017
- 11 Tips For Riding A Motorcycle In Bad Weather - February 22, 2017
- Survival Kitchen: How To Revive Cast Iron Cookware - February 19, 2017
- 7 DIY Ways To Remove Odors From Your Pantry - February 12, 2017
- How To Make Lye At Home - February 10, 2017
- How To Make Soap On A Rope For Survival - January 31, 2017
- How To Make Your Own Aspirin For Survival - January 30, 2017
- Survival Food: 5 Hearty Soup In A Jar Recipes - January 25, 2017
- First Aid During Winter: Can You Handle It? - January 24, 2017