If somebody says the word “weapon”, the first thing things that are probably going to pop into your head are guns and knives. You may also think about pepper spray or other weapons typically used for self-defense. Those are all excellent weapons but each one has some drawbacks that may make them not-so-fabulous for what you need them for in a SHTF scenario.
Guns are excellent equalizers but can run out of bullets and require some knowledge to use. Knives definitely require skill and body strength, along with some tactical thinking training in order to be of any use. Pepper spray needs to be used within a couple of feet and is really only a bandaid weapon that buys you some time to get away from your assailant.
What you need is a weapon that you can make for yourself from stuff that you’ll have access to in a post-SHTF world. Unless you and the people that you’re fighting with have combat and weapons training, it’s also a good idea to have weapons that anybody can use. Offthegridnews.com has just the article for you!
This particular article is about melee weapons; weapons that are easy to use, give you some distance from your attacker and work to even the odds a bit even if you’re not heavily trained in the art of war or self-defense. Their weapons are lethal, can be made out of ordinary materials and can be used by anybody in a pinch though practice with any weapon is a good thing.
Check the article out here: 4 Deadly and Easy to Make Self-Defense Weapons. If you have any other ideas for effective melee weapons, tell us about them in the comments section below!
This article has been written by Theresa Crouse for Survivopedia.
23,690 total views, 4 views today
- How To Wax Food For Long-Term Storage - December 4, 2016
- Diatomaceous Earth? Here’s How To Use It - November 28, 2016
- Why Vertical Gardening Is The Way To Go For Survival - November 27, 2016
- 4 Easy Solutions For Lighting Your Indoor Plants - November 25, 2016
- How To Meet The Challenges Of Urban Farming - November 24, 2016
- How To Measure Water pH At Home - November 15, 2016
- How To Plan Farmer’s Calendar All Year Round - November 14, 2016
- Survival Pharmacy: 9 Ways To Use Ginger For Your Health - November 13, 2016
- Senior Preparedness: What Types Of Food To Store? - November 2, 2016
- 5 Things To Know About Bleach Storage - October 24, 2016